- Delta is committed to complying with Commonwealth legislation governing privacy of personal information by businesses and to protecting and safeguarding your privacy when you deal with us.
- Some information collected by us from our clients, customers, contractors and other third parties might be considered private or personal. Without these details we would not be able to carry on business and provide a service you have requested.
- In particular personal information is collected from people in the following situations by Delta.
- If you contact Delta, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- When you submit you e-mail address to our website mailing list.
- If you complete and forward documents to Delta.
- Communications with third parties.
- At or before the time the personal information is collected by us we will take responsible steps to ensure that you are made aware of who we are, the fact that you are able to gain access to the information held about you, the purpose of the collection, the type(s) of organisations to which we usually disclose the information collected about you, any laws requiring the collection of the information and the main consequences for you if all or part of the information is not collected.
- We may use or disclose personal information held about an individual for the primary purpose for which it is collected.
These purposes may include the following:
- Processing a credit application.
- Evaluating and monitoring credit worthiness.
- Processing receipts and payments, servicing customer's accounts and validating cheques.
- If we believe it necessary to provide you with a service which you have requested.
- Meeting legal and regulatory requirements.
- We will not disclose any of the above information that we collect to affiliates or third parties without your consent.
- In addition we are permitted to use or disclose personal information held about you in the following circumstances:
- Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious, immediate threat to someone's health or safety or the public's health or safety.
- Where we reasonably suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of our investigation or in reporting the matter to the relevant authorities.
- Where such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or to the order of a court or legal process).
- Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrong doings or the preparation for, conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body.
Security and Storage
- Delta places a great importance on the security of all information associated with our customers, clients and contractors. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control.
- Personal information is securely stored or destroyed when no longer required by us or by law.
- Delta retains the information you provide to us including your contact and credit card details to enable us to verify transactions and customers details and to retain adequate records for legal and accounting purposes. This information is held on secure servers in controlled facilities or securely stored accessed by authorised personnel only.
- Information stored within our computer systems can only be accessed by those entrusted with authority and computer network password protection.
- Delta's privacy plan includes a programme for staff training on privacy procedures and the organisations privacy policies.
- No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 per cent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect users' personal information, Delta cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to it or from it's online products or services, and users do so at their own risk. Once Delta receives your transmission, it makes every effort to ensure its security on its systems.
Access to and correction of personal information
- Delta is committed to maintaining accurate, timely, relevant and appropriate information about our customers, clients and website users.
- So long as your request for your personal information is in accordance with the National Privacy Principles, then we will give you access to that information through our Privacy Officer at:
Delta Corporation Ltd
218 Campersic Road
HERNE HILL WA 6056
Telephone: (08) 9296 5000
Facsimile: (08) 9296 1184
- Inaccurate information will be corrected upon receiving advice to this effect from you. To ensure confidentiality, details of your personal information will be passed on to you only if we are satisfied that the information relates to you.
- If we refuse to provide you with access or correct the personal information held about you by us, then we will provide reasons for such refusal.
- We will investigate your complaint and attempt to resolve any breach that might have occurred in relation to the collection, use or destruction of personal information held by us about you in accordance with the Commonwealth Privacy legislation. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of this procedure then you may request that an independent person (usually the Commonwealth Privacy Officer) investigate your complaint.
- Pursuant to the National Privacy Principles we may transfer personal information we have collected about you to someone other than you in a foreign country only if such transfer is permitted by the National Privacy Principles.
- Delta's website will only record your email address if you send us a message. Your email address will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it.
- Our website may contain links to other website and those third party websites may collect personal information about you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other business websites that are linked to our website. Delta encourages users to read the privacy statements of other linked websites that collects personally identifiable information on individuals.